What To Consider When Creating Signs For Your Business
Signage can do many different things for many different kinds of business. It can create a call to action, increase visibility, direct traffic, drive promotions, and so much more. Signage offers a variety of ways to communicate with your customer, but the design process can be overwhelming. It should be unique yet consistent with brand messaging. So how do you design the perfect signage for your business?
Understanding your audience and how they perceive the world visually is the key to creating an effective signage campaign. Using graphics that are eye-catching and relatable to the product or service you provide is essential. Think of a toy company that uses bright colors and silly fonts to convey a family-friendly, happy vibe or a spa that uses tranquil colors and nature scenes to exude a relaxed environment.
Understanding the environment where your signage will be living is vital because it allows you to see your signage from the perspective of a passerby or customer looking for your location. There are multiple environmental factors to consider, such as:
- The surrounding nature or architecture. You don’t want your green signage blending in with the neighboring foliage.
- The look and feel of the location. You want your signs to stand out without being an eyesore.
- Where will your sign be the most visible?
- Weather conditions. If you are using exterior signage, durability against the elements will need to be considered. As will visibility should you live in a climate with lots of rain, snow, or fog.
- Building compliance or regulatory factors. There may be laws or building regulations around lighting, how signage gets affixed to the building, where your property lines end etc. These can all significantly impact the efficacy of your signage options.
The key to an effective sign is keeping your message short and sweet. Less is more. Keeping your sign concise and free of clutter gets your message across far better than a confusing mess of images and words. Use white space and clever design elements to accentuate your point further.
The final thing to consider is what the purpose of your sign is. You can discover its function by asking the following questions:
- Is it meant to drive traffic into your location?
- Does the signage need to last for decades, or is it only for temporary use?
- Is it intended to communicate a promotion, sale, or event?
- Does it have to be interactive?
- Is it part of an overall cohesive marketing campaign?
- Is it intended to aid in wayfinding or to provide direction?
Now that you have an idea of what you want your signage to achieve, it’s time to contact the best sign maker Las Vegas, NV, has to offer; Las Vegas Custom Signs. Our team of professionals will partner with you every step of the way, from design to installation, to ensure your business stands out from the crowd.
Call 702-476-3058 or click to request your consultation today!Back